Ottawa University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Ottawa University education programs in Kansas are accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE).
- The Arizona Teacher Education Programs are Arizona State Department of Education (AZDE) approved.
- The Ottawa, Kansas and Kansas City Teacher Education programs are Kansas State Board of Education (KSDE) approved.
- The Arizona State Board for Private Post Secondary Education licenses Ottawa University to operate.
- The Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education accredits Ottawa University to do business.
- The Educational Approval Board of the State of Wisconsin accredits Ottawa University to do business.
- The Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education certifies Ottawa University to operate.
Associations and Relationships
- Affiliated with the American Baptist Churches in the USA
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Baptist Associate of Colleges and University
- Arizona Education Association
- Arizona Education Consortium
- Better Business Bureau serving Central/Northern Arizona
- Better Business Bureau service Southern Indiana, Louisville and Western Kentucky
- Better Business Bureau serving Wisconsin
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Arizona
- Kansas Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- Kansas Association of Private Colleges of Teacher Education
- Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Kansas Independent College Fund
- Kansas Independent College Association
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Associations of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Southeastern Wisconsin Education Consortium
- The Association of Governing Boards