About the Cloud Nursing/Ottawa University Nursing Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP)
The Cloud Nursing/Ottawa University Associate-Baccalaureate CEP Program is oﬀered at Cloud County Community College and Ottawa University. Participants are selected from Cloud Nursing students who have met all Cloud Nursing/Ottawa University Associate-Baccalaureate CEP identiﬁed eligibility requirements and have applied to the Cloud Nursing/ Ottawa University Associate-Baccalaureate CEP program.
Students in the Cloud Generic Traditional Option and LPN to ADN Advanced Standing Option will have a pathway to earning a BSN through the Cloud and Ottawa University (OU) Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP).
The Cloud Nursing/Ottawa University CEP is an educational pathway partnership designed to assist in meeting the Institute of Medicine (IOM) 2010 Future of Nursing goal to increase the percentage of BSN RNs to 80%.
CEP students will be enrolled in Cloud County Community College and Ottawa University classes at the same time.
Ottawa University CEP courses will be oﬀered online through the Ottawa University Learning Management Platform (Blackboard). All courses taken through the CEP with Ottawa University must be taken through Ottawa University.
Ottawa University provides an aﬀordable CEP option with the goal of assisting students to achieve their educational objectives in nursing as Cloud Nursing students.
To be considered for participation in the CEP, the following is required:
- Acceptance into the Cloud Nursing Generic Traditional Option or LPN to ADN Advanced Standing Option.
- Meet a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher from all schools attended.
- Participation in an Ottawa University CEP Information Session either in person or online.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION WITH BSN DEGREE
- Successful completion of all requirements of the Cloud Nursing Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Nursing and the Ottawa University Concurrent BSN Program.
- Receipt of RN licensure (within the U.S.) must be submitted to Ottawa University before BSN graduation eligibility is met.
- Failure to comply with these graduation requirements may result in dismissal from the Ottawa University Concurrent BSN Program.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Cloud Nursing and Ottawa University Nursing have Health and Safety Requirements that must be met prior to enrolling and participating in any clinical experiences. Healthcare agencies throughout the state require vaccinations, titers, and other healthcare related requirements (examples of these requirements are background checks, CPR, drug and nicotine testing, etc.). These requirements are subject to change per healthcare agency contracts with the educational institution. Students must be compliant with agency requirements prior to and throughout the program.
Download the Cloud County - Ottawa CEP Nursing Brochure.