At Ottawa University, we have observed that international students like you energize and invigorate student interactions. You have global experiences and perspectives to bring to the classroom and coursework. We are thrilled you are interested in studying at Ottawa University. You will feel right at home, surrounded by hospitable and friendly faculty and students. When you attend Ottawa University, you can meet new student colleagues, benefit from national and local alumni, and tap into a vast network of over 5,000 international alumni.
Requirements for International High School Students
- A U.S.-Equivalent GPA of 2.5 or above (above-average grades in secondary school)
- Successful completion of a high school or secondary school diploma or certificate
Requirements for International Transfer Students
- A U.S.-Equivalent GPA of 2.0 or above (passing grades in college)
- A course completion rate (Earned-to-Attempted Percentage) of 70 percent
Requirements for All International Students
- Meet program-specific admission criteria for at least one academic program
- Submit an affidavit of financial support showing the ability to pay for one full year
- Submit a maximum two-page, double-spaced essay describing your "Sense of Purpose at Ottawa University." Please organize your thoughts around one of the following three components using specific experiences from your life: Personal, Intellectual or Civic/Social
- Verify English Proficiency. This can be established by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Countries not required to submit TOEFL scores include Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
TOEFL scores required:
- Paper-based test – 550
- Computer-based test – 213
- Internet-based test - 79
Foreign Credential Evaluation
Students with foreign credentials who are applying to Ottawa University must have their credentials evaluated. Ottawa University provides internal evaluations at no cost to the student. Students must submit official copies of appropriate documents including front and back of each credential. Evaluations will not be conducted if official copies are not provided. If you have not taken any college-level courses outside the U.S., you only need to submit a certificate of graduation from a high school. This certificate does not need to be evaluated by a credential evaluator.
Students may wish to use an approved outside evaluator at their expense. Approved evaluators are typically members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Reports include information about the credential awarded and the U.S. equivalency. The following are evaluators currently accepted:
If you are interested in Ottawa University programs, please request a course-by-course evaluation for any college-level courses completed outside of the U.S. to be considered for transfer.
Students applying to APOS, submit all documents outlined above to:
Ottawa University Office of Admissions
4370 W. 109th Street, Suite 200
Overland Park, Kansas 66211
Scholarshipping opportunities may be available. For more information please contact Kim Rieken.