Military Tuition Rate
Military Tuition Assistance
To make tuition more affordable for active duty service members who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree* at Ottawa University, we’ve created a special Military Tuition Rate, which makes the cost of each undergraduate credit hour just $250. Members of the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard are all encouraged to apply.
* Many military branches will not approve Tuition Assistance for duplicate degrees
Military status verification
A student’s military status is verified through one of the following methods:
- Submission of Federal Tuition Assistance Authorization for the current term (preferred option).
- Submission of a current Leave and Earning Statement (LES), which can be accessed here.
- Verification using the DoD Service members Civil Relief Act website. Student name, date of birth and social security number (all of which you will provide on the OU Online Application) will be used to look up information. Reserve and National Guard members cannot be verified using this website.
Any active duty service member seeking their first or second Bachelor’s degree Online or at one of Ottawa University’s non-residential campuses.* At this time, veterans, spouses and dependents are not eligible for the discounted rate.
* Military Tuition Rate does not apply to students attending our residential campus.
How to apply
Students who wish to apply for the Military Tuition Rate must fill out the required paperwork and turn in the required forms to apply. Many Education Service Officers (ESOs) require students to submit a degree plan prior to Tuition Assistance approval. This is most often seen with students applying through the GoArmyEd Portal (Army, Army Reserves and National Guard). To accommodate this need, students should order and submit their official transcripts as soon as possible.
Please contact an Enrollment Advisor at your Ottawa University site of interest to begin this process. Concise, clear and consistent communication is required between the Business Office and Certifying Official at all times.
Completion of the FAFSA and other financial aid paperwork is NOT required for verified active duty service members.