All OUAZ students must complete the housing process, even if you do not plan to live in University-sponsored housing. All housing paperwork must be completed no less than 10 days prior to the beginning of a term. Some forms may require additional time for processing. Failure to meet deadlines, may result in charges and penalities.
Certain Ottawa University scholarships contain an eligibility condition that specifies that recipients of those scholarships must reside in University-sponsored housing during the enrollment periods for which the scholarships are awarded. The following housing policy pertains to all other full-time students, effective May 1, 2018.
OUAZ Housing Policy
Students are required to reside in University-sponsored housing, provided it is available, unless a student meets one or more of the following criteria:
- is married;
- has legal custody of a child who resides with them at least 50% of the time;
- is a transfer student who has already earned an Associate’s degree;
- has attained a legal age of 22 prior to the August 1 for the fall semester or January 1 for the spring semester;
- has lived in Ottawa University-sponsored housing for 6 or more semesters (fall or spring)
- plans to live with a parent/legal guardian within a reasonable driving distance from OUAZ (form must be on file)
- has a special circumstance and submits a detailed explanation of the circumstance to the OUAZ housing committee for approval or denial.
Housing Process and Placement
Once you have completed your other paperwork for enrollment, a representative from the Office of Residence Life will contact you to complete the OUAZ Housing Process. Some of the housing options grant priority to current/returning OUAZ students. The sooner you complete the housing process, the better the chances of you getting one of your first choices of residency.
If you have not done so, please review the housing options
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Housing assignments can be found on the MyOttawa portal and will be available later this summer (date TBD). Housing assignments will not be mailed so please check your MyOttawa portal.
Directions for logging into the MyOttawa portal are located in the “MyOttawa News” tab.
Once you log-in, you will want to click
- “Student Affairs”
- "Click Here - Student Affairs Resources!"
- "Residence Life"