Ottawa University is privileged to carry on the legacy of providing a free education to Ottawa Tribe members that was begun by our Baptist and Tribal founders. Because of the special heritage you enjoy as part of the Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma, you are allowed to attend Ottawa University free of any tuition or room and board charges. This is due in part to the renewal and expansion of the original agreement by President Kevin Eichner in 2008. Since the agreement’s expansion, we have enjoyed more Tribe members on campus than ever before.
As you consider taking advantage of this agreement by enrolling at Ottawa University, an Ottawa University Enrollment Advisor can help you start the admissions process by reviewing the residental campus admissions requirements, as well as discussing your career objectives, evaluating any prior college credits, and answering any questions you may have. Your Enrollment Advisor will also direct you to:
- Contact your Tribal Higher Education Office and begin the process for tuition assistance or scholarships
- Consider all the residential campus programs for your course of study.
- Remain in contact with your Tribal Higher Education Office so that you are aware of financial assistance or scholarship options.
Whether you are a first-year, non-high school graduate or a transfer student, you will need to submit the following:
- An admissions application (you can apply online)
- A $25 application fee
- Items outlined below:
- College preparation coursework and corresponding GPA
- ACT/SAT scores
- College coursework and corresponding GPA
- Academic earned-to-attempted percentage
Non-High School Graduates
- Minimum GED score of 450
- ACT/SAT scores (required only for scholarship purposes)
To complete the admissions process, submit all documents outlined above to:
OUAZ Office of Admissions
15950 N. Civic Center Plaza
Surprise, AZ 85374