Meet the Team!
At the Adawe Center, Adawe Mentors help students navigate their OUAZ Surprise journey by Listening, Asking, Guiding, & Empowering. Every undergraduate student is assigned an Adawe Mentor when they first enroll at OUAZ Surprise.
We’re here to help you figure things out. Whatever challenges, opportunities or obstacles you may face throughout the course of your educational experience, your Adawe Mentor can direct you to the resources, support, challenges and encouragement you need to reach your goals. Part guide, part cheerleader, we are here help smooth the bumps and celebrate the wins that will come with your OUAZ Surprise adventure.
Specifically, we help our students do the following (click to view):
Plan: Success = Smart Goals + Hard Work.
Where are you headed and how will you get there?
If we can't help you directly, we'll refer you to the best information or contact for:
- Planning your Schedule and Assignments
- Recognizing and Managing stress
- Developing a Growth Mindset
- Communicating with Professors
- Building Good Study Habits
- Setting Goals
- Finding Tutoring
Prepare: Career resources are available here.
What will you be doing the week after your OUAZ graduation?
After graduation, you'll launch a career composed of the jobs you hold, the titles you earn, and the work you accomplish throughout your life.
Let's figure out your first post-graduate steps together.
- LifePlan Narrative
- Purpose Statement
- Career/Personality/Assessment Tools
- Self-branding & Marketing (Resume, Social Media, Etc.)
- Job-searching (Online, Job Fairs, etc.)
- Internships / Volunteer Work
Connect: When you just need someone to listen.
You are not alone, and you don’t have to know everything.
OUAZ is a safe place to figure things out.
- Advice from people who've "been there."
- Relationship matters
- Faith exploration
- Sorting out your thoughts and feelings with someone who won't judge you
- Developing self-awareness
- Doubts/concerns about major or life direction
- Suggestions and/or feedback about your OUAZ experiences
Thrive: Put it all together.
You are more than your GPA.
Adawe Mentor Moment newsletters are published by the Adawe Center to offer expert information about managing student life here at OUAZ.
Click Here for Archived Issues
You may also find these resources helpful: