Each year Ottawa University Arizona (OUAZ) hosts a Competitive Scholarship contest for graduating high school seniors. Awards are non-stackable and renewable for up to four consecutive years, so long as the student maintains a 3.0 GPA and remains in good standing with OUAZ. Students receiving the Presidential, High Achiever and Provost Scholarships will reside in University sponsored housing.
SUBMIT YOUR PORTFOLIO:
Portfolios may be submitted in person or can be mailed to campus at:
Scholarship Competition Day
15950 North Civic Center Plaza
Surprise, AZ 85374
Details about portfolio submission materials are listed below.
University Ambassadors will be selected from award winners of the following scholarships:
|Surprise High Achiever
To be considered, students must be high school seniors who have completed Ottawa University's application for admission, who have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.35 (out of 4.0) and a minimum ACT composite score of 23. The competition begins with the submission of a portfolio which shall include:
- official high school transcript that details graded coursework through the end of 2016, including in-progress coursework for your senior year;
- ACT/SAT scores;
- single-page outline of extra-curricular activities that includes years and level(s) of involvement;
- list of honors, awards and recognitions received;
- one (1) letter of recommendation from a school official, teacher, activity director, etc. that addresses your excellence in academics, intellectual and creative work, involvement in your high school community, and civic involvement; and
- maximum of three (3) different samples of creative work that efficiently displays intellectual range and depth (i.e. a recorded fine arts performance, graded artistic expression, graded writing sample, etc.) or articles referencing your work or service.
Of those who submit a portfolio for the Scholarship Competition day, select students will be invited to compete for the awarding of OUAZ's Presidential (full-tuition), Provost (three-quarter-tuition), Founders (half-tuition) and Pioneer ($11,000) Scholarships. Scholarship recipients are chosen based upon the content and quality of their submitted portfolios, their written and oral presentation skills, and an evaluation of their on-campus interviews (individual and group).
Award recipients are expected to serve as campus leaders and to be active members of OUAZ's student body throughout their collegiate careers. The scholarship award is renewable for up to three additional consecutive years
Designed specifically for senior students who are residents of or attending a high school in Surprise, Arizona. The High Achiever Scholarship is annually awarded to select students who will be attending OUAZ. The scholarship award is renewable for up to three additional consecutive years.
To be considered for the High Achiever Scholarship, you must be completing your senior year in high school, be a resident (of more than one year) of or attending a high school in the city of Surprise, Arizona, have a minimum GPA of 3.35, and a cumulative ACT score of 23 or higher (or SAT equivalent).
Areas of consideration for the awarding of the High Achiever Scholarship include academics, extra-curricular activities, school involvement, and community involvement. The competition consists of a portfolio submission and on-campus interview.
For more details on the competition, contact your Ottawa University Enrollment Advisor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 855-546-1342 or 623-546-4959.