At Ottawa University, we believe that international students like you bring an exciting new perspective to our campus life. We are pleased you are interested in studying here. You will feel right at home on campus, where you’ll experience the kind of hospitality and friendly faces only found in the middle of the United States. When you’re here, you’re just a short road trip away from several major cities and a wide variety of new experiences.
Requirements for International High School Students
Requirements for International Transfer Students
- Official college transcripts
- A course completion rate (Earned-to-Attempted Percentage) of 70 percent
- Successful completion of a high school or secondary school diploma or certificate
- Additional items may be requested
Requirements for All International Students
- Meet program-specific admission criteria for at least one academic program
- Submit an affidavit of financial support showing the ability to pay for one full year
- Submit a maximum two-page, double-spaced essay describing your "Sense of Purpose at Ottawa University." Please organize your thoughts around one of the following three components using specific experiences from your life: Personal, Intellectual or Civic/Social
- Verify English Proficiency. This can be established by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Countries not required to submit TOEFL scores include Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
TOEFL scores required:
- Paper-based test – 550
- Computer-based test – 213
- Internet-based test – 79
Foreign Credential Evaluation
Students with foreign credentials who are applying to Ottawa University must have their credentials evaluated. Ottawa University provides internal evaluations for most foreign creditials at no cost to the student. Students must submit official copies of appropriate documents including front and back of each credential. Evaluations will not be conducted if official copies are not provided. If you have not taken any college-level courses outside the U.S., you only need to submit a certificate of graduation from a high school. This certificate does not need to be evaluated by a credential evaluator.
Students may wish to use an approved outside evaluator at their expense. Approved evaluators are typically members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Reports include information about the credential awarded and the U.S. equivalency. The following are evaluators currently accepted:
If you are interested in Ottawa University programs, please request a course-by-course evaluation for any college-level courses completed outside of the U.S. to be considered for transfer.
Students applying to Ottawa University's residential campus in Ottawa, Kansas, submit all documentation outlined above to:
Ottawa University Office of Admissions
Enrollment Advisor - International Students
1001 South Cedar Street, #17
Ottawa, Kansas 66067
Students admitted to Ottawa University’s residential campus may have an opportunity to attain academic or activity scholarships. For more information please contact the Office of Admissions or visit Scholarships.