Ottawa University’s accelerated, online Masters degree in Learning Technologies combines excellence in technological and teaching methodologies with foundational coursework. This master's in education program was skillfully designed to engage you in the growing field of educational technology. Earn your educational technology degree from Ottawa University and learn how to implement new strategies and technologies in education. Our faculty is passionate about helping students develop a strong foundation in instructional design, learning theory, and innovative educational practices.
Master’s degree programs in education prepare educators to utilize high-level teaching methodologies and provide the tools to make work in the field of education more effective and efficient. This online master’s degree helps students explore emerging trends, create their own professional learning network, consider global perspectives in learning technologies, evaluate the efficacy of learning technologies, engage with professionals in the field, and develop a personal portfolio to document and showcase their learning.
Implement Positive Change
Do you have dreams of implementing postive change in the lives of students or leaders? According to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Educational Technology, there are five important ways educators can use technology to enhance learning:
- Technology can personalize learning to make the student experience more engaging.
- Technology can help instructors apply real-world challenges with a wide variety of digital learning devices and resources.
- Technology can move students beyond a physical classroom by using virtual opportunities to see museums, libraries, and other out-of-school settings
- Technology can help learners pursue passions and personal interests.
- Technology access can help close the digital divide and make learning opportunities available to all learners.
Education and Qualifications
Ottawa University's accelerated, online Masters degree in Educational Technology is designed for anyone interested in learning technologies, regardless of prior experience. Additionally, our coursework is specifically created for those who wish to advance their career as a learning technologist in any setting: education, business, government, or non-profit organizations. Accelerated coursework emphasizes self-directed, student-centered, and project-based learning and includes a two-credit practicum.
At Ottawa University, we strive to help you achieve your educational and career goals. Students who complete this concentration are equipped to:
- Evaluate learning technologies for their potential and appropriate use in a variety of educational settings and scenarios.
- Integrate learning technologies into curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Leverage appropriate learning technologies to meet the needs of a diverse learner population.
- Extend learning beyond the classroom with blended and online modalities.
- Develop standards-based, technology-supported learning environments and experiences.
- Provide professional development for colleagues in schools, higher education institutions, or in business/non-profit environments regarding learning technology implementation and use.
- Lead and work with others to develop a vision for learning technology integration in their organizations, including ensuring access, acquiring resources, and equipping users to be successful with learning technologies.
- Experiment with new learning technologies and manage the uncertainties inherent in such practice
- Stay abreast of emerging learning technology trends and engage in life-long learning as a learning technologies professional.
We understand the challenges that adult learners and busy students face, which is why we’ve made this program available online. Now you can earn this valuable online master’s degree in Learning Technologies on a schedule that works for you! Courses may include:
- Foundation of Learning Theory Evaluate
- Foundation of Education Explore
- Foundation of Exceptionality
- Foundation of Educational Research and Assessment
- Master’s Research Project
- Introduction to Learning Technologies
- Foundations in Educational Technology Course
- Practicum in Educational Technology
- Master’s Research Project
Concentration Elective Courses
- Games and Simulations in Education
- Emerging Trends in Learning Technologies Course
- Instructional Design for Technology-Mediated Learning
- Teaching and Learning at a Distance
For curriculum and course descriptions please download a program overview.
Careers in Learning Technologies:
There is no question that there is high demand to stay on top of the latest technological advancements in learning. The following list highlights just a few of the career opportunities afforded with a degree in educational technology:
- Instructional designers
- eLearning developers
- Multimedia designers
- Learning/Instructional technologists
- Learning and performance specialists
- Course developers
- Instructional media developers
- Technology coordinators
- Online Learning specialist
- Online teacher
- HLC Accredited University
Ottawa University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- NCATE Accredited Education Program
The National Association of Teacher Education (NCATE) has awarded Ottawa University accreditation of its Teacher Education program.
Why Choose Ottawa?
The courses in Ottawa University's Master of Arts in Education Learning Technologies program are completely online. We make it easy for you to transfer credits in order to help keep tuition costs down. Ottawa University conveniently offers courses in accelerated 8-week terms in order to reduce your time to completion. When you study online with Ottawa University, your campus is wherever you need it to be. No matter where you want to study, you will benefit from the support and expertise of our faculty members who are dedicated to your success.
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education (KS)
Master of Arts in Education
Master of Arts in Education | Curriculum and Instruction
Master of Arts in Education | Educational Leadership
For the latest online learning trends, check out our Online Education Blog Spot.
If you’re ready to move ahead in your profession or start a whole new career within the field of learning technologies, contact us today. We have enrollment advisors and faculty in the program ready to answer all of your questions and help you make an informed decision about the right program that fits your professional goals.