The Student Experience
Putting Students First
Does the quality of education, rigor, co-curricular experience, career readiness, and job placement at Ottawa University warrant the cost of attendance? We are using surveys, focus groups, and student retention and exit survey data to answer the following questions:
Athletics – Non-Athletes vs. Athletes
- Is our current recruiting structure sustainable?
- How can we grow other programs to increase the non-athlete population? (i.e., Music, art & theatre).
- Are realistic expectations given to students when they are recruited? How does that impact the student experience?
- Do internal departments affect the student experience? Positive or negative? Do our internal practices cause poor student experience?
- Do we have the structure to support provisionally accepted students who need additional support to retain, persist, and graduate?
- How do we make OU the university where students want to be?
- How would a student define “career services”? What do they need to support them in this area?
- How are our students being prepared for the workforce? What are our gaps?
Mission and Values
- Is our mission statement still relevant to the current culture and structure?
- How well is our mission statement put to practice?