The OUtstanding EDucator Award
Ottawa University loves educators! Teachers change lives by going above and beyond which leaves impressions that last a lifetime. The OUtstanding EDucator Award was created to acknowledge exceptional contributions to education. The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding educators and help support their educational goals. Accordingly, this distinguished award is presented to teachers who exemplify the highest standards and practices of the teaching profession.
E3 School Partnership Program
Ottawa University proudly supports school districts through the E3 school partnership program (Empower, Educate and Elevate). As part of the E3 program, Ottawa University recognizes outstanding educators and their commitment to students in their charge and to the community in which they serve. Educators demonstrating teaching excellence are nominated and recognized with a surprise gift of an unrestricted cash grant, balloons, gift basket, framed certificate, yard signs, and a banner recognizing their commitment to students and education.
Qualities of an OUtstanding EDucator
- Innovative Instruction
- Support of students and community
- Commitment to the profession and their peers
- Willingness to go above and beyond the status quo
- Submit ONE (1) Letter of Recommendation (from someone other than the nominator) or ONE (1) other nomination form must also be received for consideration. Please submit one more nomination for the same person, or send a letter to Dr. Kasey Johnson
- Nomination forms remain active during the current school year
- Nominations are accepted from October through March
- Submission forms, deadlines, and award dates will be sent to all interested parties the first week of August
- A committee from Ottawa will review submissions from all participating districts and choose two winners each quarter from September to April
- Demonstrates a commitment to being a team player and a positive role model for others
- Goes above and beyond in their job performance with specific personal characteristics or job skills that make them stand out
- Supports and demonstrates the district’s desire to prepare students for their future through innovative and individualized learning opportunities
Questions? Please contact Amy Mathews
Meet the OUtstanding EDucator Award Recipients!