The Title IX Rule requires schools Title IX personnel to be unbiased and free from conflicts of interest. Title IX personnel include the Title IX Coordinator, the Grievance Pool (which includes investigators, Decision-makers, hearing facilitators, and appeal chairs). Schools must ensure that Title IX personnel receive training on the following topics:
- Title IX’s definition of “sexual harassment”
- The scope of the school’s education program or activity
- How to conduct an investigation and the grievance process
- How to serve impartially, including by avoiding prejudgment of the facts at issue
- How to avoid conflicts of interest and bias
- Decision-makers must receive training on technology to be used at a live hearing, and on issues of relevance of questions and evidence, including when questions of evidence about a complainant’s sexual predisposition or prior sexual behavior are not relevant
- Investigators must receive training on issues of relevance to create an investigative report that fairly summarizes relevant evidence
The training materials used by Ottawa University do not rely on sex stereotypes; promote impartial investigations and adjudications of formal complaints of sexual harassment and are maintained by the university for at least 7 years.
Please note that the majority of Ottawa University’s Title IX team has been provided by ATIXA and is copyright material. Please see the ATIXA statement at the end of this list.
To Members of the Public Accessing This Site:
34 CFR Part 106.45(b)(10) requires all ATIXA training materials to be posted publicly. This site facilitates the centralization of hundreds of materials developed by and owned by ATIXA, which can be linked to by individual colleges and schools.
The materials posted to this site are proprietary and are copyrighted. Those copyrights are registered with the Library of Congress. The legal penalties for copyright infringement range from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed, and the infringer pays for all attorneys’ fees and court costs.
Your right is a right of inspection and review of the materials on this site, only. No other right is granted beyond viewing. You are not authorized to copy, use, adapt, save, repost, share publicly, or alter any contents from this site. You are not permitted to use the materials on this site for training, or for any commercial purpose. Any such use will result in damages equivalent to the full-per-head registration costs to the applicable ATIXA training, plus damages for reputational harm to ATIXA, in addition to any copyright infringement fines and/or penalties.
Proceeding to use and access the content on this page demonstrates your acceptance and understanding of these terms and conditions. To contact ATIXA with questions about any of the contents of this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following training was provided by Diligence, LLC.