The OUtstanding Nurse Award
Nurses are heroes! They change lives by educating communities, advocating for patients' rights, and offering emotional support even in the most troubling of times. As part of Ottawa University’s commitment to excellence in nursing education and improving health outcomes in the community, we honor the sacrifices made by exceptional nurses through our OUtstanding nurse award. The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding nurses and help support their nursing goals. As such, this esteemed award is bestowed upon nurses who have made extraordinary contributions to health care.
Ottawa University’s OUtstanding Nurse Award is granted twice a year, summer in the greater Kansas City area and fall in the Phoenix, Arizona area. The award is a way to "give back" to our community of nurses following OU's tradition of giving back to the community. The winner of the OUtstanding Nurse Award will be recognized with a surprise gift of an unrestricted cash grant, balloons, and a banner recognizing their commitment to nursing excellence at the winner’s workplace.
Qualities of an OUtstanding Nurse
- Consistently practices excellence
- Utilizes exemplary skill and knowledge in caring for patients in the hospital and community
- Regularly promotes the use of evidence to improve his/her practice and overall nursing practice at their organization
- Models professionalism in every aspect of care
- Must be a nurse, nurse leader, or nurse educator
- Demonstrates commitment as a team player and is a positive role model for others
- Goes above and beyond in their performance with specific personal characteristics or skills that make them stand out
- Supports and demonstrates the standards of nursing excellence
Ottawa University is dedicated to providing excellent Nurse Education programs and providing nurses with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver outstanding care at the bedside, leadership in a clinical setting, and in the classroom. Please help us recognize and celebrate the nurses in our community who demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence.
Submit your nomination for the OUtstanding Nurse award!