Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources
Earn your human resources degree at Ottawa University and master the skills you’ll need to take a leadership position in benefits, recruiting or training for your organizations HR team.
About Ottawa’s Online Human Resources Degree
Every organization — whether it’s local government … a private corporation … or a non-profit charity — needs a vital HR team of professionals to attract, retain, train and manage employee benefits and programs. At Ottawa University, our online human resources degree program can help you be a vital part of that team. This bachelor program is designed to help you increase your human resources skills to positively impact the lives of others.
If you're interested in a rewarding human resources career path, this is the right human resources degree for you, giving you several career-relevant concentrations to choose from, including:
- Health Care Management
- Leadership and Management
- Global Operations
Human Resource Career Outlook
Human resource planning is essential to keeping employees happy while effective human resource recruitment is necessary for keeping the organization running at peak efficiency. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics projects overall employment in the HR department for organizations to experience steady growth over the next decade. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects overall employment for human resources management careers to grow faster than the average for all occupations. This is due in part to legislation and court rulings setting standards in various areas. Rising health care costs should also spur demand for specialists to develop creative compensation and benefit
s packages that firms can offer prospective employees.
So, if you’re wondering, “What can I do with a human resources degree?” Quite a bit, actually. Career settings in this area can include roles such as human resource generalist or recruitment specialist. Whichever HR career path you choose to follow, a bachelor’s degree in human resources from Ottawa is the right first step to take.
Both Ottawa University’s Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources and Master of Arts in Human Resources fully align with SHRM’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. Throughout the world, only 252 programs in 201 educational institutions have been acknowledged by SHRM as being in alignment with its suggested guides and templates. The HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates were developed by SHRM to define the minimum HR content areas that should be studied by HR students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. They are part of SHRM’s Academic Initiative, created in 2006 and revalidated in 2010, to help the Society define HR education standards taught in university business schools across the nation and help universities develop degree programs that follow these standards.
Discover the Benefits of Earning an Online Human Resources Bachelor’s Degree Ottawa University
- Generous credit transfer policy – Get credit where credit is due with Ottawa University's generous credit transfer policy that honors past experience – up to 80 credit hours
- Rich, established history – For more than 150 years, Ottawa University has educated students for lifetimes of enlightened faith, exemplary service, inspired leadership, and personal growth and significance. Today, we remain an inclusive learning community grounded in faith and focused on the career needs of the future
- Life-friendly online learning options – At Ottawa University, we're committed to your professional growth and development – no matter where you are in life. That's why we offer life-friendly online degree programs for working adults, military personnel and their families, or anyone looking for a flexible and convenient program that can be completed outside the classroom
- A supportive learning environment – As an online student at Ottawa University, you will collaborate with – and draw upon the expertise and support of – faculty members and ministry professionals who are dedicated to your success
Learn more about our online Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources - contact us now.
For curriculum and course descriptions please download a program overview.