Martin Hall is a three-floor co-ed residence hall that houses approximately 85 students in three types of suite-style arrangements. Martin Hall opened in 1947, closed in 1993, and re-opened in 1999 after extensive renovations. Originally dedicated as the women’s residence hall, it was renamed in 1960 to honor of President Andrew Martin and his tireless service to the University.
Each suite has a common living room with single and double bedrooms, a kitchen and common living area.
The hall has five first-floor apartments available primarily to junior and senior Ottawa University students. The apartments consist of a double bedroom, communal living space and a full-size kitchen.
The American Baptist Women of the Central Region provided furniture for the O'Dell Lobby area on the first floor. There is a laundry facility and vending area located in the hall's basement. A resident director (RD) lives in Martin Hall along with five resident assistants (RA).
All Rooms in Martin Hall Feature:
- Air conditioning, with individual suite thermostats
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- Most suites are furnished with a sofa and/or loveseat, coffee and/or end table, dining table with chairs, stackable drawers and/or dresser and built-in closet