Franklin County High Achiever
Designed specifically for seniors in any Franklin County, Kansas, High School, the Franklin County High Achiever Scholarship is annually awarded to select students who will be attending Ottawa University. The scholarship award is renewable for up to three additional years.
To be considered for the Ottawa High Achiever Scholarship, you must be completing your senior year at a Franklin County (Kansas) High School, have a minimum GPA of 3.25, and a cumulative ACT score of 21 or higher (or SAT equivalent).
Areas of consideration for the awarding of the Franklin County High Achiever Scholarship include academics, extra-curricular activities, school involvement, and community involvement. The competition consists of a portfolio submission and on-campus interview. The recipient will be recognized at the high school's Senior Recognition/Award Ceremony.
The competion begins with the submission of a portfolio which shall include:
- official high school transcript that details graded coursework through the end of your junior year, including in-progress coursework for your senior year;
- single-page outline of extra-curricular activities that includes years and level(s) of involvement, list of honors, awards and recognitions received;
- one (1) letter of recommendation from a school official, teacher, activity director, etc. that addresses your excellence in academics, intellectual and creative work, involvement in your high school community, and civic involvement; and
- maximum of three (3) different graded samples of creative work that efficiently displays intellectual range and depth (i.e. a recorded fine arts performance, graded artistic expression, graded writing sample, graded exam, etc.)
Portfolios are due by Friday, November 3, 2023. On-campus competition is Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
For more details on the competition, contact:
- Enrollment Advisor Michael Barnett
If you are interested in participating, complete this form to start the process: