1. To help students learn about different leadership styles through discussion and activities.
2. Students get exposure to leadership by hearing from local, campus, and community leaders.
3. Students will build a portfolio of demonstrated leadership experience through their involvement in volunteer and paid work opportunities.
1. Participate in on and off campus activities, volunteer opportunities, Fall – new student check-in, sporting events, Spirit Life, Ambassador work, or other opportunities presented.
2. Attend all Leadership Program pre-scheduled meetings.
3. Dedicate a minimum of 12 hours per month, to include: Leadership Meeting time, Volunteer Activity time, or any other trackable Leadership opportunity participated in. It is the students responsibility to keep track of activity and document participation thoroughly.
4. Students are encouraged to continually seek mentorship from someone they look up to or admire.
5. Additionally, the Leadership students are encouraged to consistently try and help others, their peers, and community.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
1. Clearly articulate the experience in the program and describe key takeaways learned.
2. Have a much better understanding of their own Leadership capabilities.
3. Be confident in applying for, and successfully gaining employment when the time comes.
4. Continually be inspired, seek mentoring, and help others on their journey.
Doug Doran is excited to be joining the OUAZ family as the Coordinator of Leadership Development.
He began his career and education with the goal of learning business. Doug has both a Bachelors and Masters Degree in Business Administration, and has been leading teams as a Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management this past ten years at both private and public higher education institutions. After studying, developing, and honing his leadership skills for much of his career he is happy to bring his knowledge and experience to the Leadership students of OUAZ. When he is not working, Doug spends his time traveling, exploring the mountains, wilderness, camping, fishing, and playing guitar.
Interested in Leadership at OUAZ? Connect with Doug here: OUAZ Leadership Interest Form