Presidential Scholarship - Competitive (see *Elite Scholars competition) scholarship awarded to selected first-year students who seek to be agents of change in their college careers and beyond.The award will be up to the full cost of tuition each academic year for up to four years.
Provost Scholarship - Competitive (see *Elite Scholars competition) scholarship awarded to selected first-year students who seek to be agents of change in their college careers and beyond. The award will be up to three-quarter’s of the cost of tuition each academic year for up to four years.
High Achiever Scholarship - Competitive (see *Elite Scholars competition) scholarship awarded to select senior students who are residents or attending a high school in Surprise, Arizona, and who excel academically and show engagement in extracurricular activities. The award will be up to the full cost of tuition each academic year for up to four years.
Elite Scholars Competition
Ottawa University Arizona (OUAZ) announced its prestigious Elite Scholars Competition in February of 2019. Qualified students are invited to compete for the awarding of the Presidential and Surprise High Achiever (full-tuition) and Provost (three-quarter tuition) Scholarships. These scholarships are renewable for up to a total of four consecutive years as long as the student maintains a 3.0 GPA and remains in good standing with OUAZ. Recipients of these scholarships live in University-sponsored housing and serve as student leaders in the campus community.
To be considered to compete in this elite competition, high school seniors must have:
- a minimum cumulative high school GPA (unweighted) of 3.50 (out of 4.00),
- a minimum ACT composite score of 25, or
- a minimum SAT composite score of 1200, and
- been accepted to Ottawa University Arizona (OUAZ).
The competition begins with the submission of a portfolio which shall include a:
- submitted OUAZ application for admission;
- high school transcript that details graded coursework through the end of 2017, including in-progress coursework for your senior year;
- bulleted outline of extra-curricular activities that includes (1) years of participation, (2) levels of involvement, and (3) leadership positions held;
- list of honors, awards and recognitions received;
- maximum of three (3) letters of recommendation from a school official, teacher or activity director that addresses your excellence in academics, intellectual and creative work, involvement in your high school community, and civic involvement; and
- maximum of three (3) different samples of creative work (graded if academic in nature) that efficiently displays intellectual range and depth (e.g. a recorded fine arts performance, graded artistic expression, graded writing sample, graded exam, etc.).
Based upon an evaluation of the portfolios, selected students will advance to the final round of competition (interview) which will be conducted on the campus.
Portfolios should be forwarded mailed or delivered to your Enrollment Advisor at:
Ottawa University Arizona
Attn: Elite Scholars Competition
15950 N. Civic Center Plaza
Surprise, AZ 85374