Skip to Content Request Info


The Spirit Card is an ID and access card, a dining club membership card, and a declining balance card for purchases called “Spirit Bucks.” 

Yes. There are actually three accounts. The "meals" account is what your student uses in the Hetrick Spirit Canteen to access his/her dining club membership.

The "dining dollars" account has funds pre-loaded based on which dining club membership your student selected. Those funds can be used in the Canteen and any unused funds remaining at the end of the academic year will be eliminated.

The "Spirit Bucks" account is the most flexible and can be used at Café 60. Coming soon your student will be able to use “Spirit Bucks” at the Fan Shop and Computer Lab. Additional funds can be added to this account throughout the year.

If you have questions about the Spirit Card, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 623.23.7543


Yes, vegetarian and gluten free offerings are provided.

To contact OUAZ dining services, please call 623.233.7551 or

By that date, you and your student must be financially cleared. This means that all financial aid documents must be complete.

In addition, if there is a balance due, we ask you to work with the University to determine a plan of action for the balance to be taken care of prior to this date. Options include, but are not limited to:

• cash / check / credit card

• interest-free payment plans that begin as early as June

• parent loans or alternative loans

If you are planning to sign-up for a payment plan with Tuition Management Services (TMS), the appropriate arrangements need to be made prior to this date. TMS is an interest-free service that has a $70 sign-up fee. it offers a variety of payment plan options.

Students are not permitted to check into the residence halls, attend class or participate in any activities or practices until they are financially cleared.

Students sign a FERPA statement that protects their privacy. Depending on what items are checked on that form, parents have little to no access to information surrounding financial aid/finances, grades, etc.

The agreement goes into effect the first day of attendance.

Remember that students are able to change their preferences on that form at any time while enrolled with the University.

The FERPA details are maintained in the Office of the Registrar in Founders Hall. In order to sign and/or make adjustments to their form, students should visit that office during regular work hours.


Depending on how the FERPA (see above) is completed, the University is not permitted to provide information to parents or other individuals without the consent of the student.

Students have access to their mid-term and final grades through the MyOttawa student portal account. In order to access this information, a student must have a username and password.

If you choose to do so, your student may provide you that username and password, but the University will not provide that information to parents.

Payments can be mailed (attn Accounts Receivable), hand-delivered, or made through your student's MyOttawa portal account.

Once you log-in, you will want to click:

  • "Students"
  • "Financial Information"
  • "Course and Fee Statement"
  • "Set Options"
  •   select "Undergraduate," "Fall," "2021"
  • "Submit Options"

The cost of books and supplies can vary from $200 to $500 per semester.

Contact the Office of Financial Aid between June 1 and June 15 is ideal. This allows you time to determine if there are outside sources for scholarship monies prior to finalizing the loan papers. This also allows the final numbers provided in mid-July to be more accurate of the final amount due. .

The financial clearance deadline for the Fall semester is August 1. The financial clearance deadline for the spring semester is due January 1.

If you are an incoming first year student, please work with the Family Financial Planner to determine your financial game plan.

Once you are a student at Ottawa University, you will work directly with the Office of Financial Aid at 623.233.7560 and the Accounts Receivable Office at 623.233.7633

There are some processing fees associated for some loans. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Financial Aid for assistance at 623.233.7560.

Campus Safety and Security patrols the campus 24-7. The campus is well-lit, and there are blue light emergency phones surrounding campus.  Students can always call campus safety and security to be escorted around campus if they ever feel uncomfortable. Campus Safety and Security 24-hour line is 623.546.1666

All OUAZ students are required to purchase a meal plan. All new and/or new transfer students who live on campus are required to have an All Access meal plan their entire first year. Returning students living in Scholar’s Hall have the option of selecting either the All Access Plan (best value) or the 225 block plan. Returning students living in the Cottages can select either the All Access plan, (best value), the 225 block plan, or the 100 block plan. Returning students that wish to update their meal plan will need to do so at the Student Affairs Office. Ten business days after the start of the semester, students will be unable to update their meal plan. However, students may upgrade to the All-Access meal plan throughout the year. Meal plan updates will be billed according to the date of change on a prorated basis.  

All other students, including those who meet the requirements to live off campus, may select one of two commuter plans. Students may upgrade to the All-Access meal plan throughout the year. Meal plan updates will be billed according to the date of change on a prorated basis

  1. AAA - All Access
    • Unlimited meals for the students and includes $100 in Spirit Bucks each semester.
  2. A225 - 225-block
    • Provides 225 meals per semester and includes $75 in Spirit Bucks per semester.
  3. A100- AZ 100 Block
    • Provides 100 meals per semester and includes $75 in Spirit Bucks per semester.

Adirondack - Self Service 

All housing paperwork (including Off Campus Forms) can be found at the link listed above.  All housing paperwork must be completed no less than 10 days prior to the beginning of a term. Some forms may require additional time for processing. Failure to meet deadlines, may result in charges and penalties.

Certain Ottawa University scholarships contain an eligibility condition that specifies that recipients of those scholarships must reside in University-sponsored housing during the enrollment periods for which the scholarships are awarded. 

No storage of personal belongings is available to students.

Yes, the OUAZ Counseling Center serves the OUAZ Surprise residential campus. Our mental health counselor is Ralitsa Wierson, MA LPC.

The service is Free and Confidential.

To schedule a counseling appointment:

We provide consultation, short-term counseling and needed referrals; as well as advocacy, training and education. We support students experiencing the stresses of daily life as well as those who meet criteria for mental health disorders and may benefit from being connected to off-campus resources such as psychiatry, longer-term therapy, or specialized treatment. 

For more information regarding our OUAZ Counseling Center, please visit:

Adawe Mentors help students navigate their OUAZ Surprise journey by Listening, Asking, Guiding, & Empowering. Every undergraduate student is assigned an Adawe Mentor when they first enroll at OUAZ Surprise.

We’re here to help you figure things out. Whatever challenges, opportunities or obstacles you may face throughout the course of your educational experience, your Adawe Mentor can direct you to the resources, support, challenges and encouragement you need to reach your goals. Part guide, part cheerleader, we are here help smooth the bumps and celebrate the wins that will come with your OUAZ Surprise adventure.

For more information regarding the Adawe Center, please visit:

Ottawa University Arizona

Attention: Student Name

15950 N. Civic Center Plaza

Surprise, AZ 85374-7464


Any packages sent to the student will be delivered to the Fan Shop located within the Union. The Fan Shop will then notify the student via email that the student has a package.

You can contact the Office of Student Affairs at

Back to top